When we start writing our respective first novels, we are full of excitement and confusion as to what might happen. Might happen when? Well, when we send it to our editor, or beta readers, or friends, or agents, or publishers… We don’t ever think about what will happen when it gets to the readers (he said with a wink and a shudder). Of course, we think about it. We are obsessed with it. What if they don’t like it? What if they write bad reviews? The what ifs drive us crazy!
So this first month after publishing Agency Rules – Never an Easy Day at the Office was a roller coaster ride to say the least. While the first week saw a change in the cover and a re-write of the blurb, the rest of the month was spent on pins and needles as we sat waiting for those consumers to buy and write reviews. Oh the horror… but the month didn’t disappoint. Actually it was quite surprising for me.
We started a massive marketing campaign on twitter to generate interest and create buzz around the book. The campaign generated an average of 1 million views of tweets and re-tweets each day. We got the book listed on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Kobo Books and Smashwords, while waiting for iBooks to do their quality assurance and push the book onto their digital bookshelves.
We were most surprised when we saw the rankings on Amazon. In our first month, thanks to the support of the great readers out there, we hit these milestones:
- Australia – #90 in Military Thrillers (Kindle)
- Canada – #68 in Spy Stories and Tales of Intrigue (Kindle)
- Canada – #86 in Spy Stories and Tales of Intrigue (Books)
- Japan – #7 in Spy Stories and Tales of Intrigue (Kindle)
- Japan – #28 in Thrillers (Kindle)
- UK – #86 in Military Thrillers (Kindle)
- US – #92 in Military Thrillers (Kindle)
In addition to these great numbers:
- Japan – #5 in the Hot New Releases in Spy Stories
- UK – #56 Bestsellers in Military Thrillers
- US – #28 in the Hot New Releases in the Military Thrillers
We tell you all of this to say one thing – Thank you! Thank you to all of you who tweeted and re-tweeted, thank you to all of you that have purchased the book, and thank you to all those who are going to buy the book now *wink wink*… go on you know you want to now!
Get your copy today and be read the thriller that is going to be the thing to talk about!